Sunday, August 24, 2008

Uniforms

I've never really liked wearing a uniform.

I used to wear one when I worked for Starbucks, and can honestly say that I've not worn any combination of black, white, and khaki since I quit over a year ago.

Today I put on a uniform again.


In a few hours I'll board a plane to Costa Rica and join nine other lucky individuals who "won" the Starbucks Earthwatch Expedition.

Yes, for the first time in my life I actually won something more significant than a door prize.

Twenty people were selected as grand prize winners in the contest that was accessed via Starbucks' website.

My husband, Joe, did not enter and will not be joining me. Its really my fault he didn't, because I forgot to tell him that I did and frankly, I forgot that I did. He found out I won (and entered) while we were in the car on our way to play golf when I got the call informing me I'd won the "grand prize." We both thought it must be a fluke. But it wasn't. One thing's for sure: he'll be missed!

Over the next two weeks, I'll be telling tales of a journey through coffee fields, team building, and random moments of hilarity.

I hope you will enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

the hunter said...

woot woot! have an awesome time. and wash that shirt a few times! :) (it looks like you have short sassy hair in that pic, and it looks GREAT!)