Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Cruise

Yesterday I covered the 2008 Christmas Cruise on the Foss Waterway for people with disabilities put on by Metro Parks Tacoma. I had a lot of fun with the gracious people who let me accompany them on "My Girl," a 69' custom yacht owned by Brown's Point Charters and Yachts.

I especially enjoyed visiting with Burtt Droge, the man in the first and last photographs, who experienced his very first trip on the waterway.

You can read The News Tribune's story by Brian Everstine here:

Burtt Droge of Tacoma gives Santa his wish list over the citizens band radio Sunday on captain Paul Stanfill’s 69-foot yacht, My Girl, during the SeaFair Christmas Cruise on Tacoma’s Thea Foss Waterway. Metro Parks coordinated the event for people with disabilities. The festivities included a spaghetti feed and a dance party.Most of the boats in the Christmas Cruise were yachts, with one large exception – the Army’s Malvern Hill, a 174-foot landing ship.

No comments: