Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Gloria"

Sometimes it pays to leave the shooting agenda at home. Today that seemed to be the case for me here in Tacoma.

After school got out I headed down to the waterfront to scout some locations for a magazine shoot I'm working on. I stopped at the Maritime Museum and was checking out some old school boats when a voice from behind me inquired if I was with the media. I said yes because for the most part I usually am.

Ten minutes later I was on a boat being whisked off toward the Columbian Navy tall ship, "Gloria," that just happens to be in Tacoma over the weekend.

Apparently I was in the right place at the right time to be included in the Latino media’s chartered boat and two-hour on-board tour.

I left with new friends, fun photos, and a smile at such good fortune.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jared Kohler said...

Wow. Some really great stuff here! I love those momments when things just happen. Beautiful work.

the hunter said...

things are fantastic Ingrid!

the queen bee said...

Fantastic! I'm a friend of Wendy's and found you through her blog. Thanks for bringing my beloved Pac NW to vivid life for me. My husband brought me overseas...and you know how homesickness goes. Your photos are incredible, I'm pretty sure I'm in love with you now. Thanks for sharing!

Brooke

Brittany Deniston said...

Ingrid! Your photos bring me home. I am constantly amazed and stunned by your talent.